TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Lets see if I can help...
People Seeking Info

Subject Lets see if I can help...

Posted by -Grimm- on April 11, 2016 at 10:57 AM
  This message has been viewed 326 times.

In Reply To Finishing up my project; handful of questions remain. posted by Stokens (AR) on April 10, 2016 at 06:50 PM

Message • Where is the EVAP sensor that plugs in near the MAF? My wiring specialties harness has the connection, but I can't find where to connect it.

Im not sure exactly which sensor you may be referring to, but I know there is a sensor that screws into the bumper impact bar on the front of the car you may be looking for? Is this an EFI harness or a body harness?

• The new downpipes from Z1 won't accept the OEM nut on one of the bottom bolts. The pipe bends too close to the bolt, so the nut won't thread. Any ideas for a workaround?

For my 5 bolt downpipes I had a bolt like you mention (almost no clearance), I had to put that bolt on first by pulling the downpipe back until the stud was flush with the flange, put the nut/washer in the general area, then push the stud through and thread the nut on.

• Regarding AIVs: Testpipes and downpipes don't have the AIV bungs, so does that mean I can just remove the AIV solenoid, or do other things need to be removed to complete the delete?

You can remove the solenoids and associated vacuum lines and be fine. If you want to save the extra few pounds and do it once and for all, remove the fender liners and pull the whole system (its very easy)

------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 300ZX NA 5 Sp (Dead)
1990 300ZX NA Auto 2+2 (Dead)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (Stock Turbos) (Est. 400 HP)
1990 300ZX TT 5 Sp (GT600R) (Est. 600 HP)
2004 G35 Sport 6MT (DD)
2008 Honda Civic (DD)
2014 Nissan Murano (DD)
1969 Chevy C10 (Toy)
1969 Chevelle (Toy)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.